Monday, December 4, 2023

Osborn: Faith Comes by Hearing…

FAITH COMES by hearing the word of God.]

Faith is never derived through sympathy. 
Faith never comes through discussing with people their pains and aches, weaknesses and sicknesses. 
Faith is born when we hear the word of truth.

Jesus said: You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make You free. He is the truth.
If we want to see people delivered from the bondage of disease, we must teach them the part of God’s word that sets them free from disease. The truth is: Christ wills every person (you) to be healed, or He would not have taken the stripes by which you were healed.

Then one may ask, “Why do not more get healed?”
The answer: Because of the lack of teaching and preaching the Bible truth of healing.

Let us not stand by the bed of sick people to sympathize with their pains. Let us never insinuate that it must be God’s will to “take them;” or that “it will teach them patience;” or that perhaps, “they will be drawn closer to the Lord” through their sickness. Let us rather declare war on every form of sickness, and take authority over every form of demon power through the name of Jesus Christ. Let us minister deliverance to those in need of healing.

T. L. Osborne
🔹🔹🔹

I know that the Lord wants us to be in good health.  I know He wants us to be 'walking testimonies.' I don't pretend to know why some are healed and some are not, but I know that it is His will that we are healed and fit for service.

I remember back several years ago, after a hurricane went through and made a mess throughout the rental properties,  that the elderly owner's wife came to help clean up the debris.  She was a tall and frail woman with 'spit fire' in her bones.  She rushed through the grounds and outworked everyone around her.  At the time, I had two apostles (husband and wife team) staying as my guests in one of the apartments.  They had come to the area to start a church.  They were 25 years younger than her, but they were unable to help us clean up the grounds.  Both of them had some kind of ailment that prevented them from lifting or standing for any length of time.  

When my employer asked if they were going to help clean up, I had to tell him no.  I really could not give him any kind of valid reason to explain to him why his elderly wife was out raking up debris and my guests (good christian leaders) were sitting in an air conditioned apartment.  I just knew in my heart that these two people (my boss and his wife) would not be believing anything the 'apostles' had to tell them (nor anyone my boss talked to about them.)

My point to sharing this is that in my heart, I know that having these two people being healthy and out there giving a hand in clean up would have gone a long way in the message of Christ being a healer.  Sad thing is that they were acting more like the baptist that they had come to convert (into charismatics).    


#Healing, 

No comments:

Post a Comment