Saturday, January 6, 2024

Sj: Be Excellent at What You Do

✅Where is our largest battle field?

Our largest battle field, (at least for this writing) is the world around us.  The world that we participate in everyday.  Do you know that the Lord can send us into the world to learn it’s ways without our feet ever having to leave home?  That’s the internet’s task.  Daniel had to be taken captive in Babylon, but we have it much easier.


There are places on the web, internet, or tv where I am taught about the lawyers, scribes, and pharasees.  I learn about the world’s morals (or lack of), norms, and expectation and I never have to leave my seat.  Or... I can worship with other believers, hear a powerful sermon, or chat live via the internet.  Do you have a prayer need and don’t want to wait till the pastor wakes up in the morning?  Enter the internet.  


The first time the Lord led to me get some schooling on media, I balked.  I humbly reminded the Lord that I had committed my eyes into His service and would not look at anything vile ever again.  The Lord reminded me I had also promised to obey.  I started with old vcr tapes of the Christian Faith Generals.  I watched AA Allen, Smith Wigglesworth, Kathryn Kuhlman, Oral Roberts, John G. Lake, and more.  I watched the series on God’s Generals by Roberts Liardon.  (All of this by watching TV.) lol


Later, there were historical things to learn.  I could learn about the exit from Egypt, the great flood, about the pharaohs, and much more.  I never left home nor had to pay for a plane ticket to Egypt.  But the best was that there always a ‘voice’ behind the scenes narrating what the Lord was doing in the event.  If I watched a special on the Red Sea, the Lord would always bring in many other little pieces of tidbits that would relate to His opinion of the Red Sea and it’s role on the earth.  Was the Red Sea birthed by the fire and brimstone that fell upon Sodom and Gahmorah?  Can you imagine in your mind large bolders of fire falling into the waters?  Do you begin to wonder where they are coming from?  Or why they are smashing a city?  Could there be a god who is angry? Might one try to find out?  We all know that inquiring minds always want to know.  lol


Anyway, it’s been several years now of this type of schooling.  Each movie, tv show, video, or Youtube always has a purpose for me because I have commited myself to always following His guidance.  As my education began to become more focused, my studies began to follow a path toward biblical counseling.  I got to tell you, some things are really strange out there in the world.  My most resent series was watching the story of Gypsi Rose, the girl who killed her mother and just recently got out of jail.  There were parts of that show that I could barely sit through, but do we really think that those we are going to be witnessing to or counseling are going to be ‘pretty and clean’ people?  No.  The weird thing was that Gypsi’s mother had a striking resemblence (character wise) as someone I knew years ago.  It made me question as to how people can become this way... so manipulative and easy to lie about something to get their way.  What can we do about it?  How can we help someone? How can we help a victim of the manipultor or even the manipulator him/herself.  


The Lord needs his people to be educated.  Consider a doctor.  He needs doctors... good doctors.  Doctors need schooling... good schooling.  Doctor are strange.  They study some yucky stuff, and they play around with cadaviers just a calmly as a fishermen puts a  worm

on a hook.  The Lord gives them a delight to do their studies.  They find it a joy to fix a broken leg or operate and give a person a second chance in life.  But, they have to get skilled. 


You and I have to get skilled.  We have to be the best at what we do.  We have to be the ones that can solve a problem that someone needs help solving.  

We’re servants.  

We’re to serve their needs as we have been called and trained to do.

We need to be excellent in our tasks.

Everyone has an area of excellence.


Be the best you can be.  

Study to show yourself approved... unto God.  


sj🦋


 

No comments:

Post a Comment