Saturday, October 7, 2023

Born To Study

Born to Study (for a purpose)

I think it is so dumb that I have had a battle with God concerning my greatest gift from Him.
As much as He has taught and blessed me, you'd think that I'd learn to trust Him more, and also to trust Him within me.  

For years, (and I means YEARS) I have been a student and studier.  I started young, at about 8 years old, when I stole my first bible from the basement of the First Presbyterian Church.  The pastor found out and bought me my own.  (It was an old congregation bible that had been replaced and did not even have a front cover.  ðŸ¤­ )

Then, since my mother was a librarian, I began reading all the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mysteries.  After finishing them, my mother gave me "In His Steps" by Charles Sheldon.  That did it... I was finished with secular books (except mandatory school books).  Over the next 50 years I stayed a good student... spending hours in the Word and in related books.  Sometimes I would back up and tell myself that I was becoming a profession student and the Lord wants to see more 'action' rather than study.  But, my happiness and contentment always came from the Word and the books I was led to read.  I did not realize that all this was prepping for my call.  Well, I did.. but not as much as I was doing.  I thought I was becoming unbalanced.  I tried to get into other things, but my heart became unhappy.  Still, even though I cut back my studies ... I never really stopped.  Thanks the Lord for that.

But recently, I've noticed something.  I've noticed that I sort of know what I am talking about.  It's sort of a good feeling to have a bit of confidence.  I normally alway publish works from others with larger and trusted names because no one really has to guess whether or not they trust Rick Renner, or Kenneth Hagin, Copeland, Joyner, ect... So, if I can share with you what the 'trusted experts' are saying, then the quicker you can put the info into action in your life.  Make sense?

But still, I have been blessed of late to have a greater confidence in the path the Lord has been leading through all these years.  I often doubted myself and stumbled around missing a lot of opportunities to glorify the Lord.  But lately, Praise the Lord, it is beginning to "click" in my heart just how much He has had His hand on my life.  I have no doubt His hand is on your life also.  Let yourself relax and enjoy His call and preperation time in your life (even if it seems you are not being productive).💕


══ღೋƸ̵̡ Pressing Toward the High Call Ʒღೋ══




No comments:

Post a Comment