Monday, June 12, 2023

My Call Came Early in My Life

 My name is Stacie Jaye.  

I am one of the founders of Eagle Way Ministries (online).  


I was called by the Lord at a very young age, and of course, I had no idea of what it meant, just that I wanted to preach or teach.  The Lord put it on my heart at a very young age to care for the down and outs, but of course, like any 'light' in the world of darkness, the enemy wanted to stop my call.  His attacks began early, but the Lord is much bigger than the enemy and there were lots of small things being done by the Lord that quietly and almost secretly invaded my life.  One of the early events was when I was about 4 or 5 years old.  I was playing outside when the Lord's presence filled the small area where I was playing outside, and the whole atmosphere changed.  It was enough of a change that a small little girl stood up and looked around for an explanation of what was going on.  It was a surreal feeling surrounding me.  I still experience that feeling once in a while as an adult.  And, of course, as the Lord was interacting with me, the enemy recognized the activity and set me up for an event.


As I was playing in the pasture down the road with some friends, my friends left me in the one single tree in the middle of the pasture.  Home was a long ways away.  As they ran to their home, they yelled back at me that the devil was in the tree limbs above my head.  What??  I remember freezing, not moving, (as if that would stop the enemy?) and then with a sudden burst of courage (courage is defined as running home to momma at the fastest speed my little legs could run) I jumped down and ran.  


I got home and the next several days were filled with fearful events.  I saw monsters and was quite often overwhelmed with fear.  You know, I think that these events played a huge role in my belief that our God is a BIG GOD and nothing is bigger nor stronger than He... and He is our Father.  What more could anyone want? 


One of my favorite Bible verses came from II Kings 6 where Elijah was surrounded by the enemy with an army that was sent to find him.  Elijah's servant saw the army on the hill and panic set in, but Elijah asked the Lord to open the servant's eyes and then the servant was able to see that they were surrounded by the army of the Lord.  That is where the verse comes from that says, 'greater are those with us are more than those with them.'


My life has called for me to have faith in a Big God.  The Word of God shows us a Big God.  It's important that we allow ourselves to need and depend on our Father God being Big.  


Know what I mean?


No comments:

Post a Comment